Sunday, August 28, 2016

A new kind of hotel - II



Just as I was posting  http://despoki.blogspot.in/2016/08/a-new-kind-of-hotel.html  , I ran into two nice illustrative examples. 

I stayed at the MSTDC resort/hotel outside the Ajanta caves, at a small town called Faradpur. The hotel almost perfectly captured what I was saying:


1.) Very clean
2.) Local flavour - the room decoration was excellent photos of Maharashtra tourist destinations. So nice decoration while also advertising their stuff 
3.) Beautiful high ceilings 
4.) Pretty decent furniture , mostly wood 
5.) Large clean bathroom, not fancy 


I really enjoyed staying at this place and paid about 1200/- (off peak, without bargaining).











I also stayed at a very nice modern hotel in Sholapur in Maharashtra. It was very new and everything looked fine, but my theory is that it will stop looking quite so fine very quickly. For example they had this nice luxurious bedspread 



but it already had got stained with oil




So now they are stuck with an expensive asset that can't be repaired easily and that they are going to be loath to throw aways, so that is going to piss off every customer who stays in the room in perpetuity.  

No comments: